Site Version: 3.02
The following terms and conditions apply to your use of the website www.phf.uk.com and related pages (the “Website”) maintained by PHF Services Limited (“us”).
1. The information in this Website is intended for use by correctly trained medical professionals and is not intended to provide any form of medical opinion. If you are unwell you must seek medical advice from a trained medical professional and not rely on any information found within this Website.
2. The Website and the information within it is primarily intended for use by residents of England and Wales and as such represents information as accurately as possible in relation to England and Wales and is therefore not primarily intended to be relied upon or suitable for users in other parts of the United Kingdom or overseas.
3. Unless otherwise stated, all intellectual property rights of whatever nature, whether registered or unregistered, in this Website and its contents are owned by us or are otherwise used by us to the fullest extent permitted by law.
4. You may download and print any part of the material on this Website only on the basis that you use such material for your own personal, research or non-commercial use. Nothing in these terms shall act as a waiver of our moral rights. We accept no responsibility for any adoption or change of any of the content of this Website for any purpose.
5. We reserve the right to change these Website Terms and Conditions at any time without notice. Please review the terms from time to time in case the Terms are amended.
6. We try to ensure that our website is available for access 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. However it may, on occasions be necessary to close or suspend provision of any of the services on the website for the purposes of repair, maintenance or development. Access to the website or operation of any of the services may be interrupted by circumstances beyond our control.
7. You agree that:
7.1 your access to this Website;
7.2 your use of any information which is contained within this Website; and
8. We shall not be liable for any losses you may suffer as a result of any breach of these Terms except those losses which are a foreseeable consequence of the breach to you whether in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence) or otherwise for any loss or damage or loss or corruption of data howsoever arising out of or in connection with the use of this Website, including without limitation any direct or indirect, incidental, special or consequential damage or loss of profit, or loss of use arising from any errors or omissions in the information contained in or referred to in this Website. Nothing in these Terms excludes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
10. Whilst PHF Services Limited endeavors to maintain a virus-free work environment and website we cannot fully guarantee that our website is virus-free. PHF Services Limited recommends that virus checks are made on all material viewed and downloaded from our websites as good practice.
11. PHF Services Limited takes care to ensure that the contents of this Website are as clear, accurate and as easy to use as possible, but cannot accept responsibility (to the extent permitted by law) for any interruption or delay in access to the Website of for any inaccuracies, incompleteness of information, errors or omissions in respect of information on our Website or on any to which our Website may be linked. The information is subject to change at any time without notice and PHF Services Limited does not warrant that any of the products or services mentioned on the website are available. No warranty is given as to the freedom of this Website from errors, defects or viruses.
12. Unless otherwise stated, appropriate content within our websites is the property of PHF Services Limited and Copyright remains ours where appropriate.
13. These Terms and Conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
14. Summary of Terms:
Browser. Used to locate and display Web pages via a software application. The most popular ones are Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Cookie. Message given to a web browser by a web server. The message is then stored by the browser in a text file called cookie.txt. Each time the browser requests a page from the server, this message is sent back. A cookie's main objective is to identify users and personalize their visit by customizing web pages for them for example by welcoming them by name next time they visit the same site. A site using cookies will usually invite you to provide personal information such as your name, e-mail address and interests.
In December 2011, the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) published updated guidance for website owners on the implementation of The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011. To comply with the updated guidance PHF acknowledges that cookies are only used when deemed strictly necessary for system security during our clients secure login session with their online practice management website.
IP (Internet Protocol). All networks connected to the internet speak IP, the technical standard which allows data to be transmitted between two devices. TCP/IP (Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol) is responsible for making sure messages get from one host to another and that the messages are understood.
IP address. If you are connected to the Internet you have one, for example it may look something like this 188.8.131.52
Web Server. Delivers (serves up) web pages to your computer.